2021 Strategic Plan
AEDA Mission Statement: To attract new businesses, facilitate industrial and commercial development, and support existing businesses so they can grow and expand to create jobs, increase revenues, and make capital investments which enhance the community.
Strategic Objective: Sustain and grow an environment to attract and retain private sector investment, a talented workforce and an engaged business community, which supports the community’s vision.
AEDA will guide its decisions based on the following objectives:
Economic Impact (Business Attraction, Business Retention and Board Programs)
- Annually Facilitate Development of 150,000 Square Feet of New Commercial Real Estate
- By end of 2021, develop performance measures by commercial type (retail, office, industrial)
- Annually Facilitate 75 Development Projects
- Annually retain 99% of net existing bricks and mortar businesses
- Annually complete 90% of the Retention Committee’s annual Work Plan
Customer and Community Impact (Communications and Marketing)
- By end of 2021, establish a community engagement program to help shape the community's economic development vision
- Biennially receive 500 Economic Development survey responses from Arvada residents.
- By end of 2021, create economic development questionnaire and survey method for Arvada businesses.
Organizational Impact (Internal Effectiveness and Strategic Partners)
- By end of 2021, champion the development of a Smart City Plan for the City of Arvada
- By end of 2021, develop performance measures for key AEDA strategic partners
- Annually facilitate relationships with 100% of identified strategic partners
- Vacancy Rate
- Business Activity
- Staff Activity