2022 Strategic Plan
AEDA Mission Statement: To attract new businesses, facilitate industrial and commercial development, and support existing businesses so they can grow and expand to create jobs, increase revenues, and make capital investments which enhance the community.
Strategic Objective: Sustain and grow an environment to attract and retain private sector investment, a talented workforce and an engaged business community, which supports the community’s vision.
AEDA will guide its decisions based on the following objectives:
Economic Impact (Business Attraction, Business Retention and Board Programs)
- Annually facilitate development of 40,000 square feet of new commercial retail real estate
- Annually facilitate development of 50,000 square feet of new commercial office real estate
- Annually facilitate development of 60,000 square feet of new commercial industrial real estate
- Annually Facilitate 75 Development Projects
- Annually retain 99% of net existing bricks and mortar businesses
- Annually complete 90% of the Retention Committee’s annual Work Plan
Customer and Community Impact (Communications and Marketing)
- Annually complete 80% of the Community Engagement Annual Work Plan
- Biennially receive 500 Economic Development Survey responses from Arvada residents.
- Biennially receive 200 Economic Development Survey responses from Arvada businesses.
Organizational Impact (Internal Effectiveness and Strategic Partners)
- Facilitate 12 Manufacturer’s Edge Business Health Assessments with Arvada businesses
- Annually, Colorado Enterprise Fund will host three financial literacy classes for Arvada businesses
- Annually facilitate relationships with 100% of identified strategic partners
- Vacancy Rate
- Business Activity
- Staff Activity
- Community Engagement Activity